HEAVY WITHIN

Friday, March 17, 2006

HEALING TIME


I chanced upon a 6-DVD set of the Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (drool on this one, Dom, Denz, Wins, James, Benz & Lloyd) last Tuesday and I didn't let go of it. I even ordered the Season 1 set from my 'suki'. FYI: Season 3 is set to be aired soon on the Sci-Fi Channel, according to Sci-Fi.Com.

Season 2 takes off from the CIC scene where Commander Bill Adama was shot by the Cylon-Boomer twice on the chest.

The fleet is now splintered into two: Adama's Command (after Colonel Tigh frakked up during Adama's two-week hiatus in sick bay) and President Laura Roslin's Religious Faction.

The parallelism in the plot runs deep with the current state of Philippine politics(the series' scriptwriters must have prophesized GMA's State of National Emergency).

What struck me most were the episodes, "Home: Part 1 & Part 2" wherein Adama seeked out Roslin's faction (who, by the way, included Bill Adama's son, Lee) in the planet of the gods, Kobol.

Adama swallowed his pride, went down to the planet, patched up the differences between him and Roslin and made the fleet whole again to continue their mission in finding Earth.

I maybe day dreaming. I maybe too idealistic. I maybe a fool.

But it is my deepest wish the leaders of our country would also do the same: swallow their prides, cast aside their differences, and MAKE THIS NATION AS ONE AGAIN.

I recommend that our so-called Leaders should watch this series.

Maybe they will learn a lesson or two in the virtue of HUMILITY.

4 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Dom Cimafranca said...

Wait till you watch "V for Vendetta."

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Dom Cimafranca said...

Just finished the season-ender. Wait till you see it. You'll jump.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seem to lost my appetite for TV at the moment...

-Son

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home